Wednesday, November 09, 2005

S.I.F.E.

So this weekend I had to go to a SIFE thing at another school where we learned all about the organization, and all the new judging criteria for the competitions this spring. It was a great experience! I learned so much. I am so proud of our group, we are so far ahead of some of the other groups, and it is amazing.

If you don’t know much about SIFE basically we take our business skills we are learning in the classroom and applying them to projects that better the community. We are currently working on 4 different projects with plans to start 2 others soon. We have 5 areas we have to hit on, including: Market Economics, Success skills, Entrepreneurship, Financial literacy, and Business Ethics. I would love to tell you more about the individual projects, but I can’t publish that information cause hello it is a competition. (wink wink)

I am also in the process of planning a lunch for our Board of Directory. The board is made up of about 20 members of the business community. We have a board so that this time of year we can present to them our projects and they can give us feedback, and possibly sponsor one of the projects. Then in the spring semester we use the BOD to practice our presentation.
I am so excited about how much I am learning and doing in this club. It feels so great to have a purpose for a club, so many of them the purpose is not clear or it is not changeling. I love that SIFE is making a difference.

Well I think that is all for now. Love you all lots!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home